- Parent Category: Leadership
- Created on Friday, 02 September 2011 05:46
- Published Date
When teams lose their ability to work together, teamwork suffers, as does the company. They may be beset with workplace conflict - which will show up by, any or all of the following:
• Negativity and Arguing
• Personality Conflicts
• Cross-cultural Clashes
• Incessant Workplace Gossiping & Back stabbing
• Silly Time-wasting Workplace Disputes
• Misunderstandings and Mis-communications
• Racism and Prejudice
• Inability to communicate with diverse clients/ team members
This results in these challenges: /p>
• Poor Team work
• Low Productivity
• A lack of Professionalism and Accountability
• Excessive Absenteeism
• Frustrating time spent in Dispute Mediation
• Unnecessary Labour Lawyers' fees
Organisations, companies or teams that detect these signs, and are experiencing these challenges, are in desperate need of a team building intervention that transforms relationships, this would be known as a transformational team building programme.
Transformational Team Building and Synergies
Team Building is an ongoing process and should not be treated as a once off event.
Transformational team building, as the name suggests, is transformational. The changes will come at the level of personal motivation, skills, understanding, respect, relationships, accountability, ownership, leadership, communication and emotional intelligence.
Transformational team building programmes have the ability to unite your team, to build team work and to remove workplace conflict - on a long term and sustainable basis.
This form of team building tests people at a far deeper level. It is non-threatening, inclusive, participative and fun. Team members benefit tremendously through life-long learning. Well-run and sustained transformational team building programmes, will transform teams in the long term.
Team members that understand their boundaries, know their value and control their own actions will be far more motivated than those that are over-controlled by managers. Every person within a team is a leader, thus it is critical to let that leadership develop within the context of unity and respect.
Participating team members develop meaningful understanding of themselves, their team mates, and their roles within their team and the company. Their new skills extend into their families and into their social lives.
That transformational team building has the power to synergistically transform organizations, customer relationships, team relationships, family lives - and in the long term, the country - is the prime reason for companies to consider this form of positive and sustainable change.
Quick Team Building Tips For Managers
Managers, who manage by controlling, will never have a team – they will always have mind-controlled workers.
Managers that lead and devolve responsibility, whilst learning about, understanding and respecting the diversity, within their teams, will already be half way to leading motivated teams.
1) Work with your team to establish parameters. Get them involved in the decision-making and management of their agreements. Then let them free to do what they are trained to do.
2) Live in the question – ask team members about themselves. People do not care how much you know, they want to know how much you care.
3) Look for the abilities and potential within you teams, and build them. At all levels.
4) Open up communication. Small cultural/ personality-based behaviors could either block or open up communication. Find out what they are and change your actions to get better results.
5) Work should be focused, professional and be fun. People love doing what they enjoy.
We have 5 guests and no members online